|Tuesday, November 15, 2022|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ďWe who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. 2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. 3 For even Christ didnít live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, ďThe insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.Ē Rom 15:1-3
mmmm. The world is hurting! All categories of humanity from nation to nation, irrespective of race, gender and religion are hurting. Why? Donít be too quick to jump to conclusion- COVID-19 and other pestilences have come and gone, you can see that Coronavirus has packed its bag and luggage and itís taking the last flight to oblivion. I pray it never returns! To prove to you it is not pestilence or virus that itís responsible for our hurting world , you will notice after COVD-19 the world will is still hurting. Banditry, kidnapping, war, wickedness, corruption, cheating is still in ourselves.
There are many sources of solution to the world problems and challenges, but I know the major source is the Bible, The Word of God. The problem is not that people donít read the bible, preach from the bible, pray from the bible, do bible study and exposition on the bible but, the problem is that we donít practice what we read from the bible. We are not bible practitioners. James said ďDo not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.Ē James 1:22.
During those lockdowns and shutdowns of nations I took a course online in Harvard School of Divinity on Religious Literacy. I learnt first hand how the holy books of Islam, Hindu Buddhism and of course Christianity all put emphasis on love, peace, mercy and kindness to one another. If what they say is true that our belief system dictates our culture and culture dictates how we relate to one another, how come we keep hurting, hating, killing, dehumanizing, marginalizing, Ďracializingí manipulating, suppressing and oppressing, one another?
What the Holy Spirt taught me today is that he provides a simple solution through the word of God for our world. ďWe who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves.Ē We have a duty to care for one another:
1. Are you strong financially? Be considerate of those that are poor.James 1:27 talks about true religion- care for widows,orphans and masses.
2. Are you strong intellectually? Be considerate of those who are not as brilliant. Why will a lecturer be demanding for sex to pass a student ? Why will a student not study and want to use sex power to pass exam? Why will you want to cheat in an exam while others are studying to pass? Why will a rich parent help his ward to cheat?
3. Are you strong in Mathematics help those who are weak in Mathematics. I have a flair for writing, but I am not strong in grammar, I rely on those who are proficient in English language to proofread and edit my writings . 4. Are you strong in organization, help those who are weak in organization in your church.
5. What gives you the impression that the colour of your skin is better than that of others? Irrespective of your skin colour understand that nobody chose the colour of his skin, or the colour of her eyes, be considerate. The premise of your judgement of people matters.
6. Are you in a place of political power today. Realize God gave you that position. That position is in trust. You are not to abuse it in any form. You are strong in that position, use it to develop your company, ministry, institution, nation and continent. You have a duty to care for the masses and the underprivileged. Donít steal the pension of Nigerians to buy a house in Canada, Uk, Dubai UK or any where on planet earth. Donít steal government funds to build your private property or train your children. I saw a video clip sadly about discovery of £8.5m in London in the house of a Nigerian student! How much is yet to be discovered.
7. Are you in the judiciary, stop giving justice to the highest bidder. Stop perverting justice. Your strength in jurisprudence is not the licence to use technical jargons to oppress the masses, it hurts. Donít aid and abet corruption.
8. Are you a father, husband , grandfather donít use your position to oppress your wife and children. Stop committing adultery itís hurting your wife. You have a duty to care for them emotionally, financially, physically. It hurts when a father sexually abuses his step daughter. Incest is an abomination. I read about a step father that burnt his four step children! What a shame.
9. Young man, go and marry, stop violating women. Rape must stop, it hurts. It was recently reported that a billionaire jailed for molesting underage children committed suicide, seriously, what is your problem! Donít just go to church friends, listen to sermons and put those sermons to good use. It is sacrilegious and an abomination for young men to enter a church,rape a student and kill the student in the church. You take your gun enter a church and kill innocent people in a church! We all have a duty to care. 10. Are you a strong woman, donít use your strength to ruin your husband, your home , your marriage, your child.Are you a beautiful damsel stop the seduction. Go and marry stop looking for sugar daddies and vice versa.
Conclusion: The list is endless but the message is clear. How you use your strength will determine whether the world will hurt or heal. Find your strength and use it for godly purposes irrespective of your position, religion or colour. We are all strong in one thing or the other and weak in one area or the other. Stop capitalizing on the weakness of your neighbours, rather care for your neighbours. When I use my strength to help your weakness you stop hurting. When you use your strength to help my weakness I stop hurting . God did not make us to hurt one another, He gave us the ability to care for one another. Be your brothers and sisters keeper ! Donít join the Cain wagon. It leads to wandering,curses an ultimate death from God almighty. We all have a duty of care to make our world a better place. Start to care NOW. Yes, NOW!