t is with great delight and joy that I welcome you to the month of September, Our Month of Knowing God and Doing Exploits. September is the first month of the EMBER months, and many people are afraid for one reason or the other of the ember months, whether superstitiously, by observation or by past experiences.
God gave us His Word at the beginning of the Year when He declared this year as our "Year of Growth and Personal Development." If you have taken steps to develop yourself, I am sure fear and all manner of worries will no more be dominating your life (Matt 6:25-34).
The joy of it all is that this month we want to step up the game, move from baby Christian level, learn new things, that can move us to the next level of our lives- Doing Exploit. Maybe you have been in the church for years enjoying others benevolence and refusing to develop your spiritual wings, God wants you to be in the vanguard of those to do exploits.
This month is also the month when we hold the International Gathering of Eagles Conference (Sept 15-18, 2022 in Toronto) a forum for raising an eagle generation. A forum where chicken believers are developed to become eagle believers. I encourage you to attend the conference with the theme ' O God Revive Us again' . This month we discuss how not to be a chicken but an eagle, to know God and begin to soar!
Get ready to know God leave the phylum of high maintenance, low productivity to low maintenance and high productivity in the kingdom of God. May the Lord prosper, revive and give you your heart desires in an unimaginable measure in Jesus' name. May you be known for doing exploits in this generation.
Dissecting Daniel 11:32.
"And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."
Three ideas are contained in this verse. There is the thought of knowing God, being strong and doing exploits. God's people are characterised by what they know, what they are and what they do. Believers (Christians) are different from worldly and unconverted people in these three respects - in the matter of knowing, being and doing. Notice that these three characteristics of the child of God are related, for only as we know God can we be strong; and only as we are strong can we undertake exploits in the name of the Lord. Conversely, if we are not doing exploits for God, it is because we are not strong; and if we are not strong, it is because we do not know God well enough.
High maintenance Low Productivity
Meaning if you are a loafer in the body of Christ or know someone who is a loafer - They are either not born again, or they are born again, but they don't know God yet, and they are weak in faith and many other things. So if you are a member of any denomination, I am not here to condemn you but to help you to know God and build you up to be strong ( John 3:17).Because God hates cold, lukewarm, weak people they are liabilities in the church, and the body of Christ. They are called - High MAINTENANCE, Low PRODUCTIVITY.
Imperativeness of Knowing God
It is not enough to know about Him. It is possible to know much about the Lord, His nature and attributes, and yet not to know Him personally. We can, of course, only come to know God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Job gave us the reason we must know God- Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Job 22:21 You need peace, you need good things of life it is by knowing God. Jesus gave us another major reason "Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me John 14:6; And this is the way to have eternal life-to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.17:3. It is imperative we know God because it is only through him, we can have access to our eternal heavenly mansion. We must know Him progressively, for there are degrees of knowing Him, as John 14:9 and Philippians 3:10 indicate.
- Knowing God -How to know God
- By Reading the Bible
We get to know him by reading the bible. The more you read the bible the more you know who He is. It is the bible that Describes Him since He is invisible.
It is the Bible that tells you that He is Merciful. Gracious. He is Kind. He Is Love. It is the Bible that tells us that He Created the heaven and the earth It is the bible that tells us who we are with relationship to us. That He is not just our Creator but Our Father if we believe in Him. It is the bible that tell us how we can offend him and how we can please Him. It is the bible that Tell us his Commands and promise.
It is the Bible that tells us Character- His Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipotent.
For Instance, let us Look at His Omniscient/Potent attribute from The Case of Abraham
Gen 15 narrates His ability, his capacity to know the future and make things happen- He said to Abraham who is quarreling with God that God has not given him children, God said I will give you children, your children will migrate from where they are to another Land and be oppressed for 400 years. I will deal with the nation that will deal with you!
All these came to pass Gen 37-50 and The Book of Exodus
In Genesis 3:15 He told the Serpent the seed of the woman will bruise your head
He sent Jesus to finish what he promised on Calvary, and we are beneficiaries of that today.
Through Reading the Bible we Know His Power we also know He is a promise keeper and miracle worker.
- Know Him by communing with Him
We get to know Him as we spend time in communion and in fellowship with Him. We can only really get to know anyone by spending time in his or her presence, and we can only really get to know God as we spend time alone with Him and cultivate fellowship and friendship with Him -- as Enoch did (Genesis 5:22-24). Jesus said "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.14:26a, if you don't commune with Holy Spirit how will he teach you? How will he remind you of all things? Have you forgot where you kept an item, and you say Holy Spirit remind me and your spirit just goes there!
- Know Him Listening Speaking and Asking Questions
When friends get together, they talk and listen to one another, and thus they get to know one another; and as we wait in the presence of God regularly, He speaks to us in and through His Word, and we hear His voice and, like Mary, really come to know Him -- look up Luke 10:38-42.
- By observation.
We get to know Him by observing His ways of working. We get to know God as we see what He does and how He does it, and in this respect, we can only get to know Him gradually in the daily paths of practical experience as we follow on to know Him. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hosea 6:3 KJV. Everyday you see nature, you know God more. On one vacation my wife and I went to Hawai, and we took an excursion with a submarine under the Atlantic Ocean. The more I see all manner of creatures, the more I know about the God. 2 Peter 3:18. The measure of our knowing……will determine the measure of our being strong. The Question is How Much Do You Know Him?
- RESULT OF KNOWING GOD-. Knowing God will make us strong.
Knowing God makes us Strong Physically Morally, Spiritually
Physically - You are strong physical. When you know God you follow his dietary system- Like Daniel 1:8 - You don't pollute your body with cocaine, weed, alcohol, cigarette, and all manner of food that have the ability to cause sickness in the body.
Morally - You don't do things that are immoral- You abstain from Sexual impurity, hedonism, sexual perversion, oral sex, anal sex, incest, rape, masturbation, watching pornography. You don't do 419. You don't bribe people or take bribe. It is evidence you don't know God. God said Be Ye Holy as I am Holy. When you know God, you are an Eagle- You are a person of integrity. Your word is your bond.
2Tim 4:12 Be an example of a believer in thought, in conversation, in purity. You don't talk dirty like Mushin People.
Spiritually - Let us see six areas you show that you are spiritually strong
- You run from sin. / Demonstrate gifts of the Spirit: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. Gal 5:21-26
- You increase in Faith; You can trust God like Daniel and the other boys- Daniel could trust God to deliver him from Lions Den. The Three Hebrew Boys could trust him to bring them out of the fiery furnace. When you are looking for Job and your bills have piled up and they said unless you give bribe, sleep with someone no contract no job where you stand. That is your fiery furnace. God gives you breakthrough in your business and says - Give $10,00 to our church/pastor, for the work to advance where do you stand -do you behave like Ananias and Sapphira. Can you trust God that if you pay your tithe, he will ensure you don't lack?
- You acquire power. 1 Cor 12:7-11. You operate in word of Knowledge, word of wisdom, prophecy, faith healing. You are no more begging for miracles you are the instrument for God birthing miracles on earth.
- Possess ability to strengthen others. We shall become stronger in our ability to strengthen others. A Christian once prayed, ""Lord, make me as Thine arm, upon which the troubled and tried can lean!"" Is that the kind of prayer we should pray, and that God will answer? Indeed, it is! Isaiah 40:28-31. You mount up like eagles. And when we are strong, then what happens?
- Confidence. We shall become stronger in our confidence in Him. We shall be filled with a holy assurance; we shall ""know"" -- look up Job 19:25; Romans 8:28; 2 Timothy 1:12. We shall have confidence in God and have power to endure in adversity, trial, sorrow and any kind of affliction. You don't beat your wife or file for divorce over trivial matter.
- Power to overcome temptation. You don't shake every time you see woman skirt. We shall receive more power to meet and to overcome those things that are displeasing to Him -- look up Acts 1:8.
- WHEN WE ARE STRONG, WE SHALL DO EXPLOITS FOR GOD-
What is exploit? "A heroic deed of achievement"; a great and daring feat. The Bible is full of illustrations of men and women who did exploits for God. Think of Gideon and his 300 (Judges 7:19-23); Samson (Judges 14:5-6); Elijah on Carmel (1 Kings 18:3) God's picture gallery of the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11. Think also of the apostles and the early Christians who hazarded their lives for the name of the Lord (Acts 15:26) and turned the world upside down (Acts 17:6)! If we really know God and are thereby made strong in Him, we also shall do exploits, and we shall do them in many ways:
How to do Exploits
- By prayer/ Intercession. We shall find ourselves walking in the footsteps of men like George Muller and Hudson Taylor, who by prayer alone "moved the arm that rules the world". It was said of Daniel Nash (1775-1831) goes ahead for upwards of three months before Charles Finney evangelical team arrives.
- Demonstrating God's Power. Acts 3:8. Peter said we don't just know God he lives in us and operates in us. We can give out some of his power. Some months ago, to the glory of God one f our members came and said the son was not talking. We had three days of prayer and fasting, and I asked her to bring the child. The bibles say anoint them with oil and I did. Some weeks ago, the boy came to my office and was talking fluently with his friend! I asked him what his name is he said - My name is ******. I called the mother why did you not tell me about this miracle- She said she forgot Tonight, The power of God will heal that Son, deliver that girl in Jesus' name.
Our Fathers knew God spiritually and demonstrated his power. We leant about how Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola was given a demon, witchcraft/wizard invested forest both in Efon-Alaye and Ile -Ife in Nigeria to plant churches and today mega-churches are standing there. Maybe the city you are planting churches now are invested with demons, witches and wizard, the power of God will conquer that land for you. The two-leaved gate of that city shall be open to you in Jesus' name. All crooked things shall be straightened in Jesus' name
By Witnessing. We shall find ourselves walking in the footsteps of the early Christians, whose hearts were so full of the love of Christ that their lips were constantly filled with the message of the gospel as they went from place-to-place witnessing to the power and grace of God. Let us look at five ways we can witness.
- Constant Evangelism: You cannot stop sharing the gospel, in your neighborhood, to you friends, colleagues, in the school, office, buses, trains, aircraft, eatery, malls, theaters where men are found,
- Becoming a Missionary- Motivated to go to spiritual virgin lands. Learn their languages, covert bible to their languages, write literature for them.
- Involvement in Church Planting- Pioneering or supporting the church. Working as a Ministers, Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers/Disciplers Pastor wife, deacon/deaconess, workers, (ushers, choristers, security personnel, media, (in this age of social media,) instrumentalist
- Mentorship/Discipleship/Parenting - Building the young and future generation. Abraham raised Isaac. Isaac Raised Jacob and Esau, Jacob raised 12 children, David raised Solomon, Eli raised Samuel, Elijah raised Elisha, Jesus raised 12 disciples/apostles, Barnabas raised Paul, Paul raised Timothy, Titus-
God has enabled us to DO EXPLOIT through International Gathering of Eagles CONFERENCES to raise eagle believers/generation in over 42 nations from 2009-2019. Buy YOUR Ticket to come and attend IGOE conference 2022- Sept 15- 18,2022 and learn more principles of doing exploits. Who are you raising?
- Financial Support: The gospel cannot be sustained without funding. You can either donate your widow's mite or Solomons wealth; You can do exploit by being faithful in tithing, donating to God's work, building churches, buying instruments for churches, supporting orphanages, giving scholarships to the underprivileged, and building schools.
Prayer Points O Lord I want to know You. O Lord I want to be strong in You. O Lord I want to Do Exploit. "Also, I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I; send me" Isaiah 6:8