MY MONTH OF BLESSING AND BEING A BLESSING
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:
2: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shall be a blessing:
3: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Genesis 12: 1-3)
What does it mean to be blessed?
o be "blessed" means to be "rejoicing in and receiving all the blessings of the promised redemption . . . a blessing is a bountiful gift" It speaks about being "happy, and distinguish with favour" It means to have abundance. It means prosperity and liberty.
The Hebrew word most often translated "bless" is barak, which can mean to praise, congratulate, or salute. Genesis 1:22 is the first occurrence, when God blessed the sea creatures and birds, telling them to be fruitful and multiply in the earth. Likewise, in verse 28, God gave the similar blessing to Adam and Eve, adding that they were to exercise dominion over creation. When God called Abram to go to the Promised Land
Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. (Isaiah 51: 1-3)
What is prosperity?
Kenneth Copeland defined true prosperity as "the ability to meet the need of man spirit, soul, body, financially, materially, socially in every way."
What does it mean to be a blessing to others?
It is to be a channel through which others are blessed. To be a distributor of God's blessing to meet the needs of another through your act of generosity in kind or cash.
So what does it mean to be blessed and be a blessing?
It is to be a wealth generator and a wealth distributor! Those who generate power do not just generate it, they distribute it. I spent sixteen good years of my life refining crude oil and I know we have to distribute to depots who will further re-distribute to retailers (gas stations). Last year I wrote a book (To the Rescue Say No to Corruption) and published it with a reputable publisher. They kept calling me afterward, I was irritated "what do you want from me after paying you so much to publish my book?" I queried. They told me publishing is the first phase, I have go to the next phase - to market the book (distribute) if I want it to bring returns to me. God did not design you just to be blessed but to be a distributor of the blessing he gave to you. Many times Christians pray selfish prayers "Lord give me the blessing of Abraham. Make me great like Abraham." Is that the whole story? He told Abraham "I will bless you and make you a blessing." Abraham was not only blessed because he had faith, he was blessed because he was a blessing: militarily, financially, matrimonially, and gave sacrificially. He used his household (as soldiers) to deliver Lot. He empowered Lot financially. He was ready to sacrifice a child that he waited for, for more than twenty-five years to bring forth. He interceded for the nation of Sodom and Gomorrah. Today many of us are only complaining about Gays, same sex-marriage, LGBT community whereas God wants us to bless them spiritually by praying for them that 'their eyes of understanding be opened. Pray that God will make you a blessing.
What is God's Plan for us?
Bishop David Oyedepo says "God desires that we enjoy Abrahamic blessings. This is why he enjoins us to look unto Abraham. Unless we do the works of Abraham, we can't access his blessings. Abraham was an embodiment of divine blessings which made him great! Nothing distinguishes like divine blessing (Malachi 3:17). Divine blessings differentiate between the believers and unbelievers. The blessings of God make the journey of life great! When you are blessed, it is acknowledged by many people. God's blessings in the lives of his people are never hidden. They keep speaking as long as God is in charge! This is because his blessings make one rich and they add no sorrow to the blessed (Proverbs 10:22). Also, God's blessing make one prevail. Abraham's blessings are being celebrated till date because whatever God does lasts forever (Ecclesiastes 3:14). The gates of hell cannot controvert this truth! It is the blessings of God upon your life that determines the level at which you will be distinguished."
The predominant word in Gen 12:1-3 is "blessing". So, blessing is the secret behind the making of Abraham nothing distinguishes destiny like blessings. No person prevails by the strength; but blessing is what causes men to prevail (Genesis 49:26). This is your month of blessing and I pray you will be able to access you blessing and also become a great channel of blessing not only for yourself, family, church but your nations Mal 3:12 Psalm 37:19-21.
So we prevail by the blessings, not by strength, skill, power or by might. The level of the blessings at work in your life determines how distinguished your journey on earth will become. The blessing of the Lord is what enriches and add no sorrow to it (Proverbs 10:22). Nothing distinguishes destiny like blessings.
Why are we blessed; Why does God Bless?
- Not to be a liability: You are blessed because God does not want you to be a liability. If you are a liability you do not only hinder yourself you hinder the people around you. God knows if Abraham is not blessed, he cannot do what he has called him to be. God kept promising Abraham a promised child because if he does not have the child he cannot fulfill Gods purpose. Psalm 136:25 He gives food to the flesh, flesh of all kinds.
- To be an asset to your generation. You are blessed because God wants you to be an asset, a producer, generator, blessing, multiplier and a replenisher (Gen 1: 28). You are blessed essentially to be a blessing. You never get blessed anymore than you are committed to be a blessing. Abraham was not only blessed, all the generations after him were blessed. Gen.12:1-3. He had not just prosperity but prosperity with posterity. So, you are not blessed to be an accumulator; you are blessed to be a distributor. You are not blessed to be a collector rather to be a channel of blessing.
- To establish His covenant. Ps. 89:34. God gives us power (ideas) to get wealth in order to establish His covenant as clearly spelt out in Deuteronomy 28:1-14. (Deut. 8:18). Wealth is got through development, trade, service and distribution of good. He blesses us so that we can develop. I watched the movie recently "The book of Negroes". I thank God for the age I am born. People have suffered. I live in Canada and one of the things I ask myself is how did the people of this cold country survive when there was no electricity and temperature was minus fifty degrees Celsius? I used to live in Warri in the age when there was no good telecommunication system, when we were told that telephone is not for the poor. A time when to get information from your office or family, you will need to travel for five hours facing the hazards of armed robbers. I can never forget April 28, 1998 when we were victims of armed robbery attack just before Ore town. My driver was shot and killed but God preserved my life! God blessed us to establish his covenant.
- To fulfill your purpose. Your life will be in shambles and you will not be able to fulfil your purpose if you are not blessed with good health for instance. That you are not insane is because God wants to use your brain. If you are wasting away on a dunghill picking crumbs of bread with mold you cannot design an aircraft. You are blessed with brain, beauty and brawn to fulfill purpose.
- To rescue us from shame. Joel 2:23-27. God's blessings not only make us rich, they rescue us from shame. When you connect with God's blessings, shame will bow out of your life.
- To be a promoter of His kingdom. Hag. 1:5. The level you are committed to promoting His kingdom will determine the level to which He will ever bless you. Unfortunately this is where many of us Christians miss it. I will never forget; it was April 2006 when many Christian leaders were gathered in Los Angeles to celebrate the Azusa Street Centenary revival and the Late Myles Munroe was called upon to take an offering and he gave a short exposition on Matthew 28:12 "When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we slept." He shared how the unbelievers usually give 'large sums of money' to cover the truth and Christians cannot give 'large sum of money' to spread the truth. The money and the wealth you have is to spread the gospel. How is ISIS funded, who funds Boko Haram, Al -Shabaab and Hezbollah? They are people on the other side of truth but know that money is to promote their kingdom. There are some reading this article who do not pay tithe or give offering or donations in church. They sit in an air-conditioned church and argue that Pastors are the people enjoying church money! The question is this, are pastors not human beings, why are you coming to the same church asking the pastor to pray for you when you believe that he should trek and you should ride in your limousine! How did the gospel get to you? It is because some people spent their money and life to reach with the gospel. Friend you are blessed to promote the kingdom. Go and sponsor a crusade, build an orphanage, support your pastor, your church, a missionary, sponsor a conference -International Gathering of Eagles Conference holds in Toronto every year in the month of September. This year's conference holds September 17-20, 2015. Donate towards it. This year we shall be holding the conference in November in Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria - join us and promote the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
- God blesses us so we can enjoy life. Deut. 8:18. God's ultimate plan for us is to enjoy life more abundantly. That is, to enjoy all-round multiplication, living in godly houses, enjoying life and not enduring life.
How God Blesses His People:
- Gives wisdom to plan: Planning starts by reasoning. Think it through; everything is not prayer that is why you have your brain. Don't say I want to go and pray about everything rather say "I want to go and think through and plan through." You and your wife are always fighting; you don't need prayer you need to think. Ask yourself hard questions "why are we always fighting. You are always broke, you don't need prayer you need planning, you don't have to buy clothes, shoes and 'gele' (head gear) daily what for? Your wedding doesn't have to be expensive. Don't borrow to do your wedding. Wedding is one day while marriage is for life plan your marriage. God blesses his people by giving them wisdom to plan their lives. James 1:5; 3:17. Use your wisdom you will have money!
- Through priestly or prophetic blessings. Hosea 12:13
The LORD used a prophet to bring Israel up from Egypt, by a prophet he cared for him.
Num. 6:22-27. Abraham the blessed was a product of priestly blessings. Even though God made the promise to Abraham, He needed to bring him under the priestly blessing of Melchizedek. Gen. 14:18-19.
- Through rain of divine ideas. Every empire is built on an idea. Access to inspired ideas is key to building a financial empire. Mal. 3:10; Gen. 7:11.
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month - on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.
Abraham built the first cattle ranch through inspired ideas. Gen. 30:37.
Now Jacob took for himself rods of green poplar and of the almond and chestnut trees, peeled white strips in them, and exposed the white which was in the rods. 38 And the rods which he had peeled, he set before the flocks in the gutters, in the watering troughs where the flocks came to drink, so that they should conceive when they came to drink. 39 So the flocks conceived before the rods, and the flocks brought forth streaked, speckled, and spotted.
- God blesses through parental blessings. Gen. 27:2-4, 27-29.
Then he said, "Behold now, I am old. I do not know the day of my death. 3 Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. 4 And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die."
And he came near and kissed him; and he smelled the smell of his clothing, and blessed him and said:
"Surely, the smell of my son. Is like the smell of a field. Which the LORD has blessed.28 Therefore may God give you Of the dew of heaven, Of the fatness of the earth,
And plenty of grain and wine.29 Let peoples serve you, And nations bow down to you.
Be master over your brethren, And let your mother's sons bow down to you.
Cursed be everyone who curses you, And blessed be those who bless you!"
God has reserved blessings in our parents for us. For instance, Joseph had a blessing of his father on him, which kept him alive and made him indestructible. All you need to do therefore is to maintain the position of a son or daughter to benefit from parental blessings. Parents here could be either biological or spiritual.
- Through rain of divine favour. Favour is the cure to emptiness. It is the master key to a world of fortune. The first financial fortune recorded in the scripture came via divine
favour. Exodus 3:21-22 And I will give this people such favor in the sight of the Egyptians that when you go, you will not go empty-handed. (22) Each woman will ask her neighbor and any woman staying in her house for silver and gold jewelry, and clothing, and you will put them on your sons and daughters. So you will plunder the Egyptians."
Ex. 12:35. Now the children of Israel had done according to the word of Moses, and they had asked from the Egyptians articles of silver, articles of gold, and clothing. 36 And the LORD had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they granted them what they requested. Thus they plundered the Egyptians.
It was a supernatural wealth transfer through the channel of divine favour. Giving is one of the way to provoke favour. Ps. 45:12.
- God blesses us through the works of our hands. The blessing of God on the works of your hands is one of the channels He engages in unleashing His financial blessing on your life. Psalm 1: 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. When the blessing of God is upon your life, it readily shows. Jesus is Lord!
- Obedience. Obedience is a non-negotiable demand! Everyone that wants to enjoy the blessings of God must embrace the law of obedience. Man was a blessed creature (Genesis 1:26-28). The blessing of Gen 12 was based on two conditions: Listening to God's voice. and obeying God's voice. Listening and doing is what releases the blessings of God. The blessings will be so great and powerful that they impact us Personally, Nationally and Universally!
Man was put in the garden of blessings and retained there, as long as he was obedient. So, it takes obedience to retain God's blessings. If you are a tither, you must continue to be a tither to retain God's blessings. For instance, to be paid in your work place steadily, you must keep working! So, obedience is the gateway to the blessings of God.
- Giving: Liberality, Generosity, Hospitality
In genesis 8:20-22, the bible said Noah built an altar unto God and offered a burnt offering on it. God smelt a sweet savor, and he converted the curse on the earth into a blessing. Giving is one covenant gateway to blessings. The bible also says: Proverbs 28:27 Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, Lk 11:24-25" but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses" Lk 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Prov 11:24-25 There is one who scatters, yet increases more; And there is one who withholds more than is right,
But it leads to poverty.25 The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself." Giving is one of the principal channels of blessing.
- Association with the blessed: The Company you keep is what determines what accompanies you. Show me your friends and I will show you who you are is not only in a negative sense. As a matter of fact if you truly want to be rich as soon as you finish reading this article go and force yourself to change your circle of poverty stricken friends, poor in thinking and financially bankrupt and go and force yourself on a better circle of people of vision, people of great aspirations and people of great wealth. (Hint: it will be tough but it is not impossible). Genesis 13:5 said: And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents. Lot went with the blessed (Abraham), and he was blessed. Association with the blessed gives you access to God's blessings.
- Prayer. Prayer changes things. I am a product of prayer. Many of you know how wayward, rascally, promiscuous and full of other vices you were when younger. But your parents kept praying for you and your life turned around. Today instead of being a nobody you are Mr. or Mrs Somebody. Praise God. Prayer changes situation. Prayer provokes miracles. Miracles produce restoration. Restoration produces ability. Ability produces success and success translates to blessings! These are not beggarly, lackadaisical, wishy-washy prayers. We are talking of purposeful, prophetic and deliverance prayers. In intercession we talk about informed (targeted, focused) prayers. Many of so called Christians are lazy in place of prayer today. How can you be aware that you are cursed, your generation is cursed, and you are looking for prayer contractors? Looking for people who you will pay to pray for you! You are not ready for the blessings. Go and ask the people with great fortune, they are people of great spirituality. They are people who turned around themselves with fasting, dry fasting, isolation, dedication, meditation on the word of God. I believe in laying on of hands but since you have been carrying your head around from one prophet to the other, how much change have you experienced in terms of blessing? As I do say, if you cannot be a prophet for any man you should be able to be a prophet for yourself. Recently I was in London, England and my hostess gave me 'Daughter of Destiny' a book written on Kathryn Kulman. I read how her ministry nosedived after her failed marriage and she went in search of Holy Ghost. She then had a peculiar revelation of Holy Ghost that became the hallmark of her ministry, which birthed uncommon miracles in the 20th century. Prayer soaked and orchestrated by Holy Ghost will not only deliver you from powers of darkness, frustration, limitations, bad dreams, bondages and calamities but will make you a blessing, turn you around and make you an instantaneous celebrated celebrity. Let me pray the prayer of Joseph after interpreting successfully the dream of the butler "But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house." Gen 40:14 When your millions in dollars or any viable currency have arrived as a result of reading this article, remember Pastor Amos Dada. I will see you on top!
Pastor Amos Dada writes from Toronto. www.cacbethel.com www.igoeministry.com
Prayer Points For The Month Of August My Month of Blessing and being blessing
By Amos Dada
Thank you for the grace to see another month. I am so grateful.
Thank you Lord for dying for me on the cross and forgiven my sins and opening the door of redemption.
Thank you Father for being the source of my blessings.
Thank you Lord for being the one that makes people poor and makes people rich (1Samuel 2:7).
Thank you Lord for your blessings upon my life and making me a blessing to this generation.
Thank you Father for all you have done in my life, ministry calling and in the life of others around me. I will forever be grateful.
Prayers Points for blessing.
- O Lord enough of poverty in my life, August speaks of new beginnings , give me a new beginning .Give me prosperity .
- O lord terminate wretchedness in my life in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord I have only one life, let me not live it begging for crumbs.
- O Lord I have only one life, let me not live it in sickness and in sorrow, grant me divine health. Ex 15.26
- Heavenly father as I come before you this month let your blessings come upon me. Let it manifest in every area of my life in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord let my generation be blessed.
- Lord let me be blessed in the city and let the work of my hands be blessed in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly father my ways are in your hand, please let me be blessed when I go out and let me be blessed when I come in (in the name of Jesus).
- Grant me uncommon wisdom to tackle the issues and challenges of my life.
- Almighty father please bless the fruit of my body; let my children be blessed with wisdom in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord let my children know you as Lord and Saviour and serve you all the days of their life.
- O Lord, grant my children grace of completion of their education in flying colours, let them not become a drop out. Let them not become prodigal children, if they are already pray that God will bring them home. Let them not be victim of rapists, abusers, kidnappers and abusers. Make them investors of good things. Let them not become rapists, abusers and kidnappers . Let them not embrace alternative life style.
- O Lord let it not be a struggle financially to pay my children school fees.
- O Lord let my children be exceptionally brilliant that they will be educated on scholarships.
- O Lord grant me long life in peace and prosperity.Remove all the hindrances and obstacles on my way to progress and advancement. Put the devil to shame in my life.
- O Lord let me never bury my children.
- O Lord let me experience divine visitations' like Sarah Gen 21:1-2, Hannah 1Sam 2:21 let me have biological and brain children.
- Lord please commands your blessing upon my investment in the name of Jesus. Let me never know failure in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, please bless me in this nation and let me be a blessing unto people in this nation and beyond in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord let all my blessings that have been confiscated by the wicked be release to me today in the name of Jesus.
- Every one that have vowed that I can only succeed over their dead bodies , grant them their wish now, let them suffer premature death for me to move forward .
- O Lord there is a purpose for my creation let me fulfil it.
- O Lord let me be an asset to this generation.
- o Lord please lead me and guide me in everything I do in the name of Jesus (Psalm 32:8).
- Almighty father please teach my hand to prosper in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, please don't allow any evil to befall me in the name of Jesus.
- Let my enemies not succeed over me.
- Of lord set a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
- Every enemy that rise up against the blessing of God in my life, Lord cause them to be smitten by the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly father please rebuke and remove every devourer from my income in the name of Jesus.
Prayer to be a blessing
- Father make me a voice in and for this generation.
- O Lord let me not be a liability to this generation .
- O Lord let me not be part of the problem to this generation but part of the solution .
- O Lord grant me favour, to bless this generation spiritually, physically, and financially and materially.Mal 3:12
- O Lord let me not be part of the abusers, corrupters and wasters of my generation.
- O Lord make me a generator of wealth and uncommon promoter of your kingdom.
- O Lord make it easy for me to contribute my quota, using my talent, time , energy and treasure to my church/ fellowship.
- O Lord help me to be faithful in my tithe.
- O Lord let me not be an idler in my church/ fellowship ,help me to identify where to use my talent and put in my best to the growth of the ministry where you are blessing me daily.
- O Lord make me an intercessor for this generation, for the unsaved, nations, groups, the homeless ,fatherless , orphans , missionaries , churches, fellowships, students, politicians pastors , anti- corruption crusaders, the poor, the rich, ministers, government and continents.
- Almighty father I come before you today, please give me the grace to always obey you. Let me never departs from your words in the name of Jesus
- Make me a generous giver and hospitable person.
- O Lord let me not be a murmurer a gossiper in my church but a gospeler.
- O Lord help me to win souls for you this month and always.
- O Lord provide in a special way for International Gathering of Eagles conference this September 17-20,2015. Anoint the speakers and give them a word from above for your people. As we go in the fall to Malawi,Tanzania,Ghana,Kenya , Nigeria, give the speakers a word fir the nations.
- Oh Lord thank you for thirty years of ministry for Pastor Amos Dada. O Lord continue to sustain him and his family. Deliver him from all evils. Grant him long life peace and prosperity to be able to do more exploits for your kingdom.
- Pray for all members of Christ Apostolic Church Bethel Toronto. That God will keep them from evil. That they shall proper and do well. Pray that God will give them the desires of their hearts individually and corporately . That they shall continue to enjoy the covenant of life that God has granted us. Pray that the church will grow in strength, number, anointing and in power. Pray that God will silence the enemies of His church!
- Pray for all the district assemblies in Calgary, Winnipeg, Windsor and Edmonton and their Pastors and their families, that they will experience uncommon growth in Jesus name.
- Pray for Canada, as we go into another election season that God will give us leaders of His heart. Men and women that will move this nation forward in a godly direction.
- Pray for Nigeria that God will continue to help the government of President Buhari. That Nigerian will seize this special time in history to cooperate with their President to fight corruption ,Boko Haram, unemployment and all the uncountable challenges facing the nation. That the nation shall witness economical and technological development and advancement, that God will give government and the people wisdom to solve the problem of power generation and distribution.
- Pray for Christian in the Middle East that are currently suffering persecution for their faith by ISIS particularly in Syria, Iraq and neighbouring nations.
- Pray for yourself as led by the spirit of God.
Thank you for praying and may God Almighty hear your prayers in Jesus name