“To me(Paul), though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him.” Eph 3:8-12
our purpose is the problem you are created to solve. Myles Munroe said there are five questions every person that desires to be successful must answer- Who am I? -Identity. Where am I from? -Source. Why am I here? -Purpose. What Can I do-Potential? Where am I going? -Destiny. I can easily narrow these five to two being and doing. Who you are will be a major factor in what you do. A mad person in the street by virtue of what he has become can do terrible things, can sleep on the dunghill, eat from garbage can because of whom it has become and he continues to full an evil agenda. On the other hand, a prostitute that becomes born again or a demon possessed individual like Mary Magdalene that was set free began to look for Jesus and did all she could to pour expensive perfume on him and after death was there to see him at the empty tomb. Below are some ways to identify your purpose.
- Position/Location. God puts you in a position, find out why you are in that position. That position will not be permanent by God’s design. But for every position there is a purpose. God hardened the heart of Pharaoh to show his power. God positioned Joseph as a Prime minister to save the world from hunger. Esther became a queen to work with her uncle Mordecai to save their nation from destruction. Politicians of today are the equivalent of kings in the scripture, while the likes of Hezekiah, Asa, Josiah used their position to honour God the likes of Rehoboam, Jeroboam Ahab led Israel to split and to sin. As a politician, God put you in that position. What are you using it for? Are you using your position to destroy the people or to build the people? To develop infrastructures or to build a personal empire? Pastor are you leading people to hell or heaven?
- Passion. It’s our year to discover and recover. What are you passionate about? What are your areas of creativity and innovation? What do you do effortlessly and easily? What problem do you think you have to solve in any area of human endeavour? What is the intersection of your pain and gain? Your education, your temperament, you built up your faith all are factors that fashions your passion. Joel Osteen is passionate about giving people hope. Billy Graham was passionate about getting people saved, David Oyedepo is passionate about people being prosperous, Daniel Olukoya is passionate about you getting rid of household enemies, Enock Adeoye is passionate about getting your problem solved, Amos Dele Dada is passionate about raising an eagle generation, and liberating Africa from corruption, Serena Williams plays lawn Tennis and you feel she should not stop, Mark Zuckerberg through Facebook wants you to socialize, Eric Yuan want you to hold services and do other meetings through Zoom, Elon Musk wants you to have vacation in the Mars through SpaceX, Moses will not allow the Israelites to be slave forever in Egypt, Joshua was engrossed to see the Israelites get the land God promised them, Jesus came to die on the cross so that your sins can be forgiving and you can reign with God at the end of the world in heaven, the list is endless. Discover want you are passionate about and in it lies your purpose and what will become your epitaph on your tomb.
- Dreams/Revelations. God through dreams revealed the purpose of Joseph to him, he was born to be a leader and world preserver. God through trance revealed to Peter the ordinary fisher man that became one the world’s greatest evangelists he was not to call the Gentiles unclean put pursue their salvation. In 1977 God revealed to me I will preach the gospel around the world. In 1984 God revealed the commencement to an Elder in CAC Bethel Ife, that I will leave Ife, relocate to Bendel State, start a church, build a cathedral for his kingdom. They all came to pass. Next phase in 1999 he spoke through a prophet in London during my book launch -Dream Dreams and Have Dominion” that I will relocate to Canada. What has God revealed to you? In 2003, we started the International Gathering of Eagles conference in Toronto. We have held the conference in 42 nations and I have preached the gospel in over 80 nations. Seek the face of God through dreams, circumstances, voices, revelations, interactions, communications and from stage to stage accomplish your purpose as revealed.When Saul who became Paul was persecuting the church God intercepted him. God revealed his purpose to Ananias-who wanted him to remain blind- “But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake” Acts 9:15-16
- Death: If you knew you were going to die one year from today, what would you do and how would you want to be remembered? When John D. Rockefeller, the first known American billionaire, was dying of rare disease at 52years of age, he decided to give his money to many foundations. The story was told how an orphanage had no breakfast and their matron put their empty plates on their table and prayed for God to provide, and from nowhere Rockefeller’s check came along that morning. He lived till his nineties. Alfred Nobel also was having his breakfast while reading his morning papers when he read about his own obituary, the journalist reported him dead even though it was his brother that died. They spoke about how he invented dynamite that killed many children.
Conclusion: There are unlimited ways that God can reveal to you his purpose. God can not be put in a box. He does what pleases him in heaven. He can use any situation, animal, persons, sermons, music, circumstances, locations, counselling, conversations, voices to convey to a person his/her purpose . What matters is that you are searching and seeking. I see you finding your purpose and fulfilling your purpose .
Prayer Points about finding purpose.
- “Where there is no vision, the people run wild, but blessed is he who follows divine instruction.” (Proverbs 29:18). O Lord give me a fresh vision and revelation for your purpose for my life.
- “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). O Lord I know you have good plans for me and my career please make it visible. I refuse to walk in darkness.
- “There are many plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that will prevail.” (Proverbs 19:21). O lord, I have a lot of ideas, help me to filter them through your Holy Spirit.
- “And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.”1 Sam 30:8. O Lord Dele Dada is enquiring from you O Lord, help me to locate what belongs to me in the spirit, physically and financially.
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5). O Lord, as I am taking steps in the direction of knowing my purpose, give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
- “Don’t be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus...the God of Peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:6-7,9). O lord give me grace not to be anxious.
- “And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children” Isaiah 54:13- O Lord reveal to my children their purpose in life. Courses to choose in universities, what type of job to do, who to marry. Reveal to them their area of ministry. Pray for God to reveal to you where he wants you to be a servant in His kingdom. Pray for God to reveal nations to go and do missionary work, where to plant churches, orphanages, etc