http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/aweda/072115.html Original Article (1)
Continued from Response 4
part from gay marriage it is the era of different social vices; as a cleric how can all these be curb (curbed) sir?
There is no end to what we can do to curb these social vices.
- Every citizen should cultivate the habit of doing to others as he/she would want others to do to him/her.
- Every citizen should be reasonable enough to recognize that the length of his/her sojourn on earth is short. Even if he/she lives over a hundred years on earth, it is still very short compared with life after death. In fact there is no comparison. So everyone must jealously watch his/her actions to be able to merit a place with God in heaven at the end of the age. How I wish that people realize that doing this carries with it by the side, additional blessing of a comfortable life among ourselves here on earth. Unfortunately, many people are working their ways to eternal condemnation after death with their present behaviour on earth.
- We must be bold not to associate with or worship the thieves who pilfer from the government treasury. We must not jealous them.
- The religious leaders on both sides of the isles have great roles. They must be sincere in their calling. They must recognize that they are mediators between God and man. They must be bold to warn whoever is doing evil in their congregation. They must not do their job for monetary gain. Consider the number of people who attend Sunday and Jumat services every week, if all these millions will obey the counsel of their holy books, should we expect to witness any social vices? Should they be in a position to cheat and oppress their fellow men? Should their conscience allow them to siphon the common wealth to their private pockets?
Unfortunately, what we have in Nigeria is a nation of people who act religious, but reject the power that could make them godly (2Timothy 3).
- In the years past in this country, the village or town heads (Kings) who observed someone to be of bad character is sanctioned to exit the town or village. Unfortunately, people with all kinds of vices are today awarded with chieftaincy titles. These ought to stop.
Now sir let's take a sharp shift to insurgency what is your take on Federal Government negotiating with the insurgent sect sir?
Scattered in the Bible are counsels that we should seek peace with all men. So I welcome the idea of the Federal Government to negotiate with the insurgents.
I advice that the Federal Government pursues the peace process with all sincerity.
However, it does appear to me that it is more of a spiritual battle and the insurgents may not repent. But I believe that the Government must fulfill all the laws of righteousness by pursuing dialogue with the insurgents.
It still appears to me that even if we achieve peace this time around, other insurgents will emerge in future because they are in fulfillment of prophecy.
Prophet Daniel lived about 600 years before Christ came to the earth. John, one of the disciples of Jesus Christ lived till 95AD. Paul the Apostle also lived about the same time. These three people, differently saw a vision of a government which will take over the reign of the earth before the return of Jesus Christ.
The visions of the three prophets are in agreement about the operation of this government.
The government will be vicious and brutal and will cause anguish to the inhabitants of the earth. It will rule the earth in a dreadful version never experienced since the beginning of age. Jesus Himself referred to the period as 'time of great tribulation'.
I want to believe that these terrorists; ISIS, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabbab, Boko Haram, Abu-Sayyaf etc. are in prophecy and eventually with time, they will all converge to a formidable entity and build a government, which will rule the earth. When and how soon this will materialize, no one can tell.
So, man may not be able to defeat them. As they are being defeated, they will continue to re-group.
Paul wrote in 2Thess.2: 10-11 that the power behind them will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.
They are enslaved in their minds to lay their lives for the wicked course they are pursuing because 1. They are made to believe that they are working for God and 2. 77 virgins await them after they die as a reward. Since it is an ideology, it may not die. But are 77 virgin men also waiting for the women suicide bombers? I laugh as that will be another suicide for them.
Paul summarized the end in 2 Thess. 2: 8 that the Lord Jesus will kill the man of lawlessness (the terrorist government) with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.
Jesus told His disciples as recorded in the book of St. Matthew 24: 29-31 that immediately after the anguish of those days,
the sun will be darkened,
the moon will give no light,
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the peoples of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world-from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.
Refer: End of Age as revealed