t is with great delight that I welcome you to the month of July our month of Divine Intervention. I pray that God will divinely intervene in the matters that are crucial and challenging to you and give you deliverance and rest.
Before proceeding, I want to seize this opportunity to thank God for Canada as she celebrates her 150th birthday on July 1, 2017. On March 29, 1867, the British North America Act (BNA Act) was passed by British Parliament, creating the Dominion of Canada. In just 150 years, Canada has made its mark in the history books as a country that has struggled to emerge from its British-colonial roots, yet has made huge strides to become a beacon of human rights. Though fixing a date for the birth of a nation unlike the birth of a baby may be debatable there is no doubt that by God's Divine Intervention and the foresight of our forefathers we have a nation that is strong, diverse and full of life. My counsel is in line with Paul 's admonition 'By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care' 1 Cor 3:10. Our forefathers have laid a foundation, let all of us in our diversity of religion, colour, nationality with a sense of unity and peace continue to build a great country called Canada. Happy anniversary and birthday Oh Canada!
Simply put Divine intervention is, God intervening in the affairs of the world. Divine intervention can be God causing something to happen or God preventing something from happening. God' divine intervention dates back to Genesis Chapter Three, when the serpent beguiled Eve and Adam and she took the forbidden fruit, that made them to go and 'hide' from God. God divinely intervened, he promised 'the seed of the woman shall bruise the head of the serpent even though there was a level of punishment to the entire stakeholders. Let me offer a quick prayer in that regards for you," God will intervene and deal with all the hypocrites, destiny destroyers, career jeopardizers, marriage killers, children destroyers around you today in Jesus name".
Biblically speaking, God definitely intervenes in the affairs of the world from Genesis through Revelation. God is sovereign (Psalm 93:1; 95:3; Jeremiah 23:20; Romans 9). Nothing happens that God does not ordain, cause, or allow. We are constantly surrounded by divine intervention, even when we are ignorant or blind to it. We will never know all of the times and all of the ways God intervenes in our lives. Divine intervention can come in the form of a miracle, such as a healing or a supernatural sign. Divine intervention can also come in the form of a seemingly random event which directs us in the way God wants us to go. God intervenes in the minutest matters of man to the biggest matters. From matters that are political to matrimonial, from matters of small towns to big cities, matters of health of individual to that of nations, matters of church doctrine to eschatology. In all we see the purpose of God's divine intervention is to give us as believers' peace, victory, power,progress, a future and a hope. It is to package shame, defeat, and disgrace belong to Satan and his cohorts and package glory and honour to God Almighty.
HOW GOD INTERVENES
For God to intervene in your matter there are three things you need to know. God can tell you to do nothing about the predicament, because you cannot do anything about it, like the parting of the Red Sea, he just told them to be 'still'. The second one is he might tell you to do something. Like telling Naaman to wash in river Jordan. The third thing is that in all situations you will need to powerfully bring it to God's attention. Cry, pray, make a demand to heaven to intervene!
EXAMPLES OF DIVINE INTERVENTION ON CITIES/NATION'S AND INDIVIDUALS.
1. The End of Slavery of Egyptians In Israel: Several times God intervened in the matters concerning the nation of Israel. He used the ten plagues on Egyptians including the death of all firstborn of humans and beast just to get the Israelites out of bondage. I don't know the bondages you have been in as a community but expect God to intervene if you can cry to him. Ex 2:23-25
2. The Red Sea Miracle: One of the highly celebrated divine interventions of the bible is the parting of the Red Sea. According to Got questions.com. "There was recently a television program which attempted to explain away the miracles of the Bible. One episode was dedicated to the Red Sea crossing (see Exodus chapter 14). Scientists came up with several theories, including temporary land-bridges caused by underwater volcanic activity or an underwater earthquake which caused a tsunami, which resulted in the water depth being temporarily very low at the location Moses and the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. While the theories were scientifically possible, there was no explanation for how the event occurred at precisely the right moment for the Israelites to cross, but the Egyptians to be destroyed when they attempted to follow. Even if the event itself could be explained naturally, it stretches credulity to deny the supernatural timing of the event. But, again, for the person who denies the existence and/or activity of God in the world, any miracle can be explained away by attributing it to coincidence, hysteria, or delusion. If you look for reasons not to believe, you're sure to find some." This is what I normally find funny, whereas I know everybody cannot believe in Jesus or divine intervention, but for those who have accepted the Lord, seek for your blessings instead of envying or mocking people who experience divine intervention. Don't be like the brothers of Joseph who gathered themselves to destroy their dreamer brother instead of them dreaming their own dreams!
3. Jews Saved From Slaughter: There was another case in the book of Esther when Haman cunningly got the King Ahasuerus to make a decree to eliminate all the Jews in the land of Persia and Media. Through prayer and fasting of the leaders of the Jews, especially Mordecai and Esther, they were able to pray and get divine intervention and Haman died on his own gallows. I referred to these three occasions to establish that community divine intervention is still possible today.
In Canada the issue of the First Nations that were unjustly displaced by the leaders of various governments can experience divine intervention if they will follow the prayer channel and dialogue. The cast system in India can be liberated through divine intervention. Corruption and corrupt leadership can be handled prayerfully in Africa. That particular disease that your town or city is experiencing,can be terminated by divine intervention.That challenge in your nation, continent community, city, town, company, church, corporate entity, school, can experience divine intervention.
PERSONAL DIVINE INTERVENTIONS.
4.Rasing The Dead. Health is the most important thing to pursue in life after the issue of your soul. That is why God intervenes in this area many times. It is recorded that Jesus raised three people from the dead, The widow of Nain's son (Luke 7:11-17) Jairus' daughter (Luke 8:52-56), Lazarus of Bethany (John 11). Elijah,the widow of Zarephath's son (1 Kings 17:17-24), and Elisha, The Shunammite woman's son (2 Kings 4:18-37).The miracle of God raising the dead is still possible through divine intervention.God used my wife and I to perform one many years ago in Agbarho in Delta State to the glory of his name.
5. Healing. On several occasions God intervenes and heals sick people. I pray that you and your loved ones, relations and colleagues are next. Some examples include healing the leper (Matt 8:1-3.), A woman that was 'bent over' for 18 years was healed (Lk 13:10). I pray for you, you will not suffer back pain and all those suffering from back pain or are bent over right now reading this article receive your divine healing now in Jesus name. Another notable divine intervention was the healing of the woman with the issue of blood. (Mark 5:25; Matt 9:20-22). As a pastor and a married man for over thirty years I know one of the most common health issues among women is blood related sicknesses, some are battling fibroid, cancer and diabetes I urge such people to take a cue from the bible and ask God for divine intervention this month. One of my spiritual sons graduated this academic session, the parents were to say the least highly elated, because when the boy was in elementary school, no school in Toronto wanted him, they accused the boy of hyper this hyper that, but the parents brought him for deliverance and God normalise his life by divine intervention.God who directed us to his word in this regard is out to intervene on your behalf. Any person suffering from any sickness right now I pray that God will intervene and bring healing to you and your relations right now in Jesus name!
6. Dealing with the Enemy. Every true child of God has people that want to terminate the destiny of God in their lives. But be encouraged, in Job 5:12, the Word of God declares "He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success".All the deadly schemes that the enemy is unleashing towards you this month will be divinely thwarted in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Friend, God's divine intervention will neutralize and destroy all the fiery darts of the enemy in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. This month "God will frustrate the tokens of the liars, and make diviners mad; and turn wise men backward, and make their knowledge foolish'' Isaiah 44:25
7. Intervention on issues of barrenness. Everyone that is trusting God for the blessing of the womb this month, challenge God to intervene for you. He that intervened on behalf of Hannah, Sarah, Mrs Manoah, Elizabeth, Rachael shall intervene on your behalf. "And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb." Gen 30:22; "And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken." Gen 21:1-2. We were holding a deliverance meeting in a friends church in Maryland USA, some years back and a couple drove all the way from Boston Massachusetts, in search of childbearing. Today , they have two girls and one boy. They came from USA to Canada to give testimony during one of the International Gathering of Eagles conferences. This month God shall intervene in your matter and give you joy of fatherhood and motherhood in Jesus name
8. Longevity of Life. Reader, "You will not die but live to declare the works of the Living God" (Psalm 118:17) Jesus said, "The thief comes but to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10). Every plan of the enemy to terminate your life in any form or fashion we reject it in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Jesus said, "For this reason was I manifest that I may destroy the works of darkness".
Conclusion: Beloved, God has wonderful plans for us. It is not His desire to destroy us. But as much as there is a place for divine intervention, there is a place for authentic, serious, consistent, powerful, intercessory prayers. Though God has sovereign powers ninety percent of divine intervention is predicated on prayer. As you pray this month, for your community or yourself personally, no matter the challenge you are facing in your career, marriage, finances, business, family, over your children or ministry my prayer is that God shall divinely intervene and give you uncommon solution in Jesus name.